Replacing teeth with dental implants is one of the treatments and is the best solution for the permanent replacement of one or more teeth.
Since Professor Branemark made the revolutionary breakthrough on which implant technology is based some 50 years ago, this technique has continued to evolve and gain recognition among dental professionals and patients, who are increasingly requesting this treatment.
Many patients wonder whether dental implants are safe for the health of their mouths. This technique is based on extensive scientific research and this has made it possible to achieve reliable results in treatments that provide a great dental aesthetic improvement in the smile and comfort to the patient.
The dental implant is a specially developed titanium screw that is accepted by the body as its own. This allows the bone to grow rapidly around it, resulting in a stable and durable connection.
We have incorporated modern CAD-CAM computer-guided surgery techniques to place implants more accurately and safely.
Tooth loss and missing permanent teeth is one of the dental problems that need oral surgery, as it occurs in both adults and children. When a child's total teeth fall out, it is because the permanent tooth is pushing through the gum to come out. But there are times when a tooth can fall out due to the appearance of untreated caries, which means that the tooth ends up falling out in pieces or having to be operated on by the different dentists in dental clinics. In the event that there are no permanent teeth after falling out or extraction, the best option is dental implants carried out by a dentist specialised in implantology.
In order to replace a tooth with an implant, the titanium screw must be placed in the maxillary or mandibular bone. An abutment is placed on the implant, which is a titanium or ceramic component that allows a secure fit between the implant and the crown.
Finally, the crown is placed, which can be made of ceramic or resin depending on the situation. Small screws are used to fix these components. To achieve the desired result, it is necessary to make a precise diagnosis of the situation, to use the appropriate components and to follow a strict protocol and a highly precise technique at all times.
ATTRACTIVE AND SECURE RESULTS
Dental implants are an immediate solution and have many advantages compared to the traditional solutions of crowns, bridges and removable dentures. Here are several reasons in favour of implants:
1. Dental implants look, feel and function as if they were natural teeth.
2. Adjacent teeth do not have to be ground down to support the newly created prosthesis.
3. The placement of implants in the bone stimulates bone activity avoiding the atrophy that occurs after the loss of teeth, ensuring an aesthetic and functional result.
4. Implants do not require adhesives to support the prosthesis, giving the patient a sense of security, unlike dental prostheses, whether fixed or removable prostheses.
5. It is considered a permanent treatment if personal hygiene is adequate, because we must not forget that implants are placed in a part of the body that contains many bacteria and lack of hygiene can cause infection in the implanted area or in the surrounding molars.
1. Examine the situation beforehand. The first thing to do is to discuss the situation and your needs with your dentist or dental clinic. Perform a proper examination and use the appropriate diagnostic methods, including X-rays and scans.
2. Insertion of the dental implant. Usually the dentist and odontologist, who should be very experienced in dental implants, prepares the bone very carefully so as not to damage the bone cells, then the implant is placed in the bone so that it is firmly in place and a temporary abutment is placed to protect it and prevent debris from entering the bone.
3. Wait for the necessary time for the bone integration of the implant to take place and remove the temporary abutment, and then place a definitive abutment.
4. An impression is made of the abutment already in place, a final model is obtained on which the crown, perfectly adapted to the abutment, is made.
Many people wonder what happens if they want to have dental implants when there is no bone. The solution to this problem is dental bone grafting. This technique is performed to guarantee the correct bone support for the implants.
Our dentists and team of dental implant specialists provide a personalised treatment in Barcelona, they can replace a single tooth, a group of teeth or all of them.
Nowadays and on occasions that allow it, it is possible to place the implant(s) and crown(s) on them on the same day of surgery. This is what we call the "one day teeth" and/or "immediate loading" technique. This has been a great contribution to patient comfort. In our clinic we must warn, however, that the professional is the one who must finally decide whether this is possible or not depending on the quality of the patient's bone and the area to be restored before undergoing oral or maxillofacial surgery. It is also important to know that although this technique is gaining popularity, we do not have the same amount of scientific backing as we have with the conventional technique as we have been using it for less time. Remember that we also use protective caps for the teeth, which are of vital importance to avoid tooth wear. There is also a treatment for those who do not have enough gum and the root of the tooth is visible. This treatment is based on a gum graft. Receding gums is an oral and dental problem that can have very harmful consequences and which must be treated in the centres by specialists from the dental clinic in Barcelona.
In our Barcelona dental clinic we perform dental implants and cosmetic dentistry, as well as oral surgery (endodontics), wisdom tooth extraction, invisible orthodontics, periodontics and many more specialities. Do not hesitate to call us.
Make an appointment for dentistry or contact us for more information. sobre las fundas protectoras en los dientes.
THE BEST TREATMENT FOR TEETH REPLACEMENT:
- It is the implant, for the satisfaction it gives.
- For the safety while eating.
- Because it does not need to be supported by adjacent teeth.
- Improves self-esteem.