periodontal diseases are dangerous chronic pathologies because they hardly produce symptoms at the beginning and, even, they can be imperceptible. However, they can cause serious damage to the gums and the bone that supports the teeth.
Do you want to find out how to prevent periodontal diseases? Today we dedicate this article to learning about the habits that can help you keep your teeth and gums healthy.
Factors such as poor oral hygiene, tobacco, genetics or lifestyle can lead to the appearance of gum disease. For this reason, it is important to know how to prevent them.
One of the most effective ways to combat gum problems is visit the periodontist regularly. The role of professionals in oral health It is essential to make society aware of the importance of including a routine in our hygiene habits that will prevent the development of this disease.
5 HABITS OF ORAL HYGIENE TO PREVENT PERIODONTAL DISEASES.
Prevention is the best measure to avoid the development of this pathology. Your periodontist can advise you on the best routines that you can introduce in your daily oral hygiene.
These are the 5 habits that will help you keep your gums healthy:
- Use a toothpaste with a specific formula to prevent and treat inflammation of the gums.
- Brush your teeth after every meal. It is essential to use a brush with medium or soft bristles with a straight profile. In this way, you will respect and take care of the gums.
- Renew your toothbrush every three months, about. Remember that if you don't, the brush filament will lose effectiveness due to wear.
- Don't forget interdental cleaning. Did you know that with brushing we only get to clean 60 % of the dental surface? Well, to complete dental hygiene, it is advisable to use dental floss or interproximal brushes.
- Use mouthwashes. For a complete cleaning, the ideal is to finish the daily hygiene with a mouthwash. There are some specific to take care of the gums. This product reaches the most difficult to reach areas and, in addition, keeps the active ingredients in our mouth for longer, preventing bacteria from proliferating.
These are the daily habits that you must take into account for complete hygiene. The key is to be consistent. Only in this way can you avoid the appearance of periodontal diseases and all that it entails: bleeding gums, bone deterioration, bad breath and even tooth loss.
Finally, remember that periodontics is the branch of dentistry that treats all diseases related to the gums. If you notice redness, bleeding or any other discomfort, Visit your specialist for a complete review.
At our periodontal clinic diagnose and treat gum disease with the most advanced technologies.
If you liked this article on “How to prevent periodontal diseases?” surely you will be interested...