The replacement of teeth through dental implants is one of the treatments and is the best solution for the permanent replacement of one or more teeth.
Since Professor Branemark made the revolutionary breakthrough on which implant technology is based some 50 years ago, this technique has continued to evolve and gain recognition among dental professionals and patients, who increasingly request this treatment.
Many patients wonder if dental implants are safe for the health of their mouths. This technique is based on extensive scientific research and this has made it possible to achieve reliable results in treatments that provide a great dental aesthetic improvement in the smile and comfort to the patient.
The dental implant is a titanium screw made in a very special way that is accepted by the body as its own. In this way, the bone grows rapidly around it, producing a stable and lasting union.
We have incorporated modern CAD-CAM computer-guided surgery techniques to place the implants more precisely and safely.
Tooth loss and the lack of permanent teeth is one of the dental problems that requires oral surgery, since it arises in both adults and children. When a child loses a unit of the total denture, it is because the permanent tooth is pushing from the gum to come out. But there are times when a tooth can fall out due to the appearance of untreated cavities, which causes the tooth to end up falling apart or having to be operated on by the different dentists at the dental clinics. In the event that there are no permanent teeth after the fall or extraction, the best option is dental implants performed by a dentist specialized in implantology.
To achieve the replacement of a tooth by means of an implant, it is necessary to place the titanium screw in the maxillary or mandibular bone. An abutment is placed on the implant, which is a titanium or ceramic component that allows a safe adaptation between the implant and the crown.
Finally, the crown is placed, which can be ceramic or resin depending on the situation. Small screws are used to fix these components. To achieve the desired result, it is necessary to make a precise diagnosis of the situation, use the appropriate components at all times, following a strict protocol and a highly precise technique.
ATTRACTIVE AND SAFE RESULTS
Dental implants are an immediate solution and have many advantages compared to traditional solutions of crowns, bridges and removable dentures. Here are several reasons in favor of implants:
• Dental implants look, feel and function like natural teeth.
• The adjoining teeth do not have to be carved to serve as support for the new prosthesis made.
• Placing implants in the bone stimulates bone activity, preventing atrophy that occurs after tooth loss, ensuring an aesthetic and functional result.
• Implants do not require adhesives to support the prosthesis, giving the patient a sense of security, unlike dental prostheses, whether fixed or removable prostheses.
• It is considered a permanent treatment if personal hygiene is adequate, because we must not forget that the implants are placed in a part of the body that contains many bacteria and lack of hygiene can cause infection in the implanted area or in the teeth. from around.
1. Pre-examine the situation. The first thing is to discuss the situation and your needs with your dentist or dental clinic. Carry out an adequate examination and use the appropriate diagnostic methods, which include radiographs and scanners.
2. Insertion of the dental implant. Usually the dentist and dentist, who must have a lot of experience in dental implants, prepare the bone very carefully so as not to injure the bone cells, then the implant is placed in the bone so that it is firmly in place and a temporary abutment is placed. to protect it and that no residue enters its interior.
3. The necessary time is waited for the osseous integration of the implant to occur and the temporary abutment is removed, to then place a definitive abutment.
4. An impression of the already placed abutment is made, a final model is obtained on which the crown perfectly adapted to the abutment is made.
Many people wonder what happens if you want to perform dental implants when there is no bone. The solution to this problem is to perform a dental bone graft. This technique is performed to ensure proper bone support for the implants.
Our dentists and team of specialists in dental implants carry out a personalized treatment in Barcelona, they can replace a single tooth, a set of them or all of them.
Currently and on occasions that allow it, the implant(s) and the crown(s) can be placed on them on the same day of surgery. This is what we call the “teeth in one day” and/or “immediate loading” technique. This has been a great contribution that has given comfort to patients. In our clinic, however, we must warn that the professional is the one who must finally decide if this is possible or not according to the quality of the patient's bone and the area to be restored before undergoing oral surgery or maxillofacial surgery. It is also important to know that although this technique is gaining popularity, we do not have the same amount of scientific support that we have with the conventional technique since we have been using it for less time. Remember that we also use protective covers for the teeth, which are of vital importance to avoid dental wear. There is also a treatment for those people who do not have enough gums and the root of the tooth is visible. This treatment is based on performing a gum graft. Gum retraction is an oral problem that can have very harmful consequences and must be treated in the centers by specialists from the Barcelona dental clinic.
In our Barcelona dental clinic we perform dental implants and dental aesthetics, as well as oral surgery (endodontics), wisdom tooth extraction, invisible orthodontics, periodontics and many more specialties. Do not doubt to call me.
Make an appointment for dentistry or contact us for more information over the protective caps on the teeth.
THE BEST TREATMENT TO REPLACE TEETH:
- It is the implant, for the satisfaction it gives.
- For safety when eating.
- For not needing to lean on adjoining teeth.
- Improves self-esteem.